|Section/Department:||Social Sciences and Education|
Ana Cristina Rodrigues Rolo Alves
Cátia Andreia Mateus Rodrigues
The course of Economy, Management and Entrepreneurship aims to acquire knowledge in order to understand the economic and social dynamics underlying, the different methods of organization and workings of societies, in their different conceptions.
Skills to be developed:
- (Re) know concepts and economic and management practices that contribute to the understanding of a balanced development.
- Decoding entrepreneurship as a process of creating something new, assuming the risks and rewards.
- To develop a critical attitude and proactive given the information, comparing diverse views and substantiating the argument.
- Linking local issues with regional, to national and international, reflecting interactions and interdependencies.
- Identify concepts and establish relationships between concepts.
- (Re) known theoretical frameworks in documents in economic and social area.
- Collect and process relevant information.
- Show skills of questioning and reflection, from studies and cases.
I - ECONOMY
1.1 Fundamental Economic Concepts
- Economic Science and the Economic Problem
- The Economic Agents and the Economic Circuit
- The Functioning of Markets
- A State Intervention in the Economy
1.2 The Activity and Economy
- Measuring Economic Activity
- The Economic Cycles
- Economic Growth and Development
- The Portuguese Economy in the European Context
1.3 Current Economic Issues
- Competitiveness and Productivity
- Globalization and Economic Interdependence
- Sustainable development
- Poverty and Social Inequality
- Millennium Development Goals
II - MANAGEMENT
2.1 Organizations and Managers
- Organizations and an External Environment
- Managers and their roles and competences
2.2 The Management Function
- To Plan
- To Organize
- To Do
- To Control
2.3 The Current Management Challenges
- Social Responsibility of Organizations
- Innovation Management and Change Management
- Virtual Structures and Networking Associations
III - Entrepreneurship
3.1 Innovation and Entrepreneurial Attitude
- Entrepreneurial Skills
- Identification of Business Opportunities
3.2 Business Plan
The chosen program contents are the main topics within the three major themes that UC addresses and seek to familiarize students the main concepts for students to become able to (re) learn concepts and economic and management practices that contribute to the understanding of balanced development; decode entrepreneurship as a process of creating something new, assuming the risks and rewards; develop a critical attitude and proactive given the information, comparing diverse views and substantiating the argument.
Methodology "Learning by doing":
development activities through which students learn by doing.
Program management strategies:
The age range and diversity of interests and attitudes of students recommend the adoption of a management of open and flexible program with differentiated teaching strategies that enable the implementation of the scientific aspects around targeted and negotiated approaches, related to issues of Currently, favoring the development of training and continuous learning skills.
Creating spaces for individual and group initiative, generating the (trans) processes creative and innovative training of information received from a perspective as possible transversal aspects to understand the realities and to discover.
Due to Pandemic COVID 19, the teaching methodology had to adapt to the mandatory confinement restrictions, initially imposed by the State of Emergency and maintained after its termination.
We opted for a Distance Learning (DL) methodology, using Moodle and other digital platforms.
Theoretical classes taught via TEAMS or ZOOM, in Synchronous or Asynchronous class format, with presentation of the material and encouraging the discussion of topics and the use of chats and forums.
Practical classes taught via TEAMS or ZOOM, in Synchronous or Asynchronous class format, with a proposal for empirical application in practical activities developed
The teaching methodology based on the "Learning by doing" and participation of students in group work and the defense of their work aims not only learn the practical experience and learn to collect, select and process relevant information, as well as develop the ability to questioning and reflection, from studies and cases and assimilation of concepts.
CONTINUES EVALUATION (CE)
- 1 online written test (T);
- Preparation, presentation and discussion of practical activities (AP in Zoom)
CE: Final Note (FN) = 0.4T + 0.6 AP
Notes: The approval requires a minimum grade of 10 in each of the time points (T, AP).
Resit (for those students who are unsuccessful in continuous assessment): Individual written exam (10 as minimum grade).
FINAL EVALUATION (Season Normal, Resource season): Endnote (NF) = E (exam worth 100%)
|ROLO ALVES, A; PEREIRA, R. e BUCHA, Agostinho;"Economia, Gestão e Empreendedorismo", Editora RH, 2015|
|SARKAR, S.;"Empreendedorismo e Inovação", Escolar Editora, 2010|