Scholar Year: 2018/2019 - 1S
|Luísa Margarida Cagica Carvalho||Head|
|Type of classes
Intended learning outcomes (Knowledges, skills and competencies to be developed by the students)
• To recognize the importance of innovation as a critical factor for success in the current economic and social context;
• To understand the management of innovation as a key factor in the global management model of businesses;
• To highlight innovation in the context of continuous improvement of organizational performance;
• To develop skills to act in order to accelerate the identification, creation, evaluation, implementation and dissemination of ideas and innovative projects, geared to meet the needs and expectations of customers and other stakeholders;
• To develop skills in the use of methods, techniques and tools for Innovation Management, in particular the creation of an innovation friendly organizational culture.
1. FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS ABOUT INNOVATION
1.1. Invention vs. Innovation
1.2. Concepts and Typologies of Innovation
1.3. Innovation Process
1.4. Diffusion of Innovations
2. INNOVATION AND COMPETITIVENESS
2.1. Strategic Dimension of Innovation
3. THE SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE ORGANIZATION
3.1. Process Innovation
3.2. Management of Change
3.3. Characteristics and Routines of Innovative Organizations
3.4. Open Innovation
4. METHODS, TECHNIQUES AND TOOLS FOR INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
Demonstration of the syllabus coherence with the UC intended learning outcomes
A. Continuous assessment (In the case of a mark less than 10 in “work in classroom” or “group essay with presentation”, the candidate will be required to go to examination in the Época Normal (Resits).
A. 1. Work in Classroom (70%) – Resolution and presentation of case studies and exercises (only the students that present the case studies and exercises in the scheduled classes will be evaluated; the work sent by e-mail or other means or presented in other non-scheduled classes is not considered)
A.2. Oral presentation of Final Group Essay (30%): Students will be part of a team that will be responsible for an oral presentation of one final group essay to the class. The oral presentation will be limited to 15 minutes followed by a 10 minutes (maximum) questions and answers session. The presentation should focus on student findings and recommendations (it should be a professional presentation completed with appropriate visual aids) and it should be a unified piece of work and not a collection of several independent parts.
A complete copy of all handouts and computer slides/information used in the presentation should be handed to the teacher.
Only the students that present the group essay in the scheduled classes will be evaluated; the work sent by e-mail or other means or presented in other non-scheduled classes is not considered.
B. Resit (for those students who fail in continuous assessment): Individual Written Exam (to be approved, 10 values is the minimum mark).
Avaliação distribuída com exame final