Scholar Year: 2018/2019 - 2S
|Isabel Castro do Nascimento||Head|
|Type of classes
Intended learning outcomes (Knowledges, skills and competencies to be developed by the students)
Learning Macroeconomics is a fundamental input for future managers:
• It enables the understanding of the Macroeconomic environment that surrounds and conditions organizational performance, as well as the understanding of the answers, the challenges and the dilemmas faced by political economy at national and international levels (theories, concepts, models and trends).
• To interpret the Macroeconomic environment in a way that may optimize organizational strategic planning through the creation of sustainable competitive advantages.
• To interact, in an effective way, with all stakeholders, promoting social responsibility, local, regional and international development.
I - Economics and economic policy: portuguese and european contexts
1. Economic circuit and economic agents
2. The state
3. Describing and measuring economic performance
4. Corrective vs preventive policies: political economy interventions
5. Economic integration models
II - International economics
1. International commerce as a source of economic development
2. Absolute and comparative competitive advantages: Adam Smith and David Ricardo
3. Labour market and labour mobility
4. Sustainable development and globalisation
III - Economic’s schools of thought
1. Political economy vs scientific economy
2. Historical evolution
3. Contemporary evolution
IV - Knowledge economy
1. Civilisational context
2. Bolonha pedagogy and collaborative learning
3. New management for a new economy
4. Knowledge management and organisational learning
Demonstration of the syllabus coherence with the UC intended learning outcomes
The pedagogic method used is based on participative and collaborative learning exercises where theory is presented in a way that relates to the practical contexts where the concepts and models may be applied. This is Bolonha’s approach, which is participative, student-centred and learning-focused. It promotes student's autonomy and it invites each student to be the leader of their own learning process and outcomes. This approach serves well the promotion of higher future professionalism and employment rate success.
Avaliação distribuída com exame final
Assessment methodologies and evidences
•Continuous Assessment: Portfolio - one individual Essay (30%) and Group Work 1 (From theory to Practice)(30%) and Group Work 2 (From Practice to Theory)(40%) with tutorial support.
•Final Exam: Written exam.